University: Coming Home for Christmas20.12.12
Hi guys! I have been home for Christmas for about 3 days now after horrendous Autumn semester at uni. Not going to lie, I didn't wan...
I have been home for Christmas for about 3 days now after horrendous Autumn semester at uni. Not going to lie, I didn't want to come home because I've gotten used to the independence from living at university. Nonetheless, they both have good and bad points.
I'm going to start with what I love about living at uni:
- I love being about to do what I want, whenever I want.
- I love living with my housemates because there's always someone to talk to.
- I love having a dishwasher.
- I love living in Nottingham, the transport link is excellent.
- I love curling up in front of the TV watching the same shows over and over again with my housemates.
- I also love doing silly things with my housemates such as a bit of Gangnam styling in pyjamas and playing with rude balloons.
|Blurry shot of us Gangnaming...|
Now, let get to what I hate about living at uni:
- I hate living in a cold house where heating was pretty much prohibited.
- I hate having to clean up after other people's mess.
- I hate having to pay my own bill and having to worry about the price of gas, electricity etc.
- I hate worrying about getting burglar after hearing many horror stories.
- I hate having to go to uni, I can't say I enjoy getting out of bed into a freezing cold house.
- I hate getting ill and not having anyone to look after me.
- Some people can be really annoying to live with.
Having said that I actually enjoy living at university a lot, I'm about 70% sure that if I didn't enjoy living at uni, I'd have dropped out of university by now.
|Sorry about my creep face. During our Christmas dinner.|
- My mum!
- Warm house, it's so nice not to have to walk around with dressing gown, strapped with hot water bottle, fluffy slipper socks, a throw and obviously pyjama.
- Having a bath so I can use some of my Lush bath stuff.
- Clean house.
- Very very soft and comfy bed.
- Getting to eat Thai food.
- Don't have to pay for anything.
- Getting more space to myself.
- It's nice to have a quiet house for once.
So, what do I not like about coming home?:
- Having to pack all my stuff and then carry all of them by myself to get on a train.
- I don't like living in a small town with lack of shops and lack of decent transport link.
- I don't particular care for people in this town very much, so I don't really have anyone I want to see.
- No dishwasher which means I have to do the washing up.
- I have to immaculately clean everything all the time.
- Whenever I come home I don't want to go back to uni.
- The internet here is slow...
- Missing my housemates A LOT.
I'm sorry if this seems like a pointless post but it's pretty much an update on my life. I hope you enjoy it anyway and I will be bringing more beauty posts shortly.
If you also go to uni, how do you feel about being back at home?
Let me know in the comment.